Tuesday 18 June 2013

GOT TILL IT'S GONE...

It's amazing how much we take people for granted when they are in our lives. We just assume that because they remind us constantly of how much they love us, then we can treat them any way we want to and stIll believe they'll hang around. Not so often the case anymore. Yes, they do hang around and withstand a lot of things but eventually enough is enough. This is the case in a lot of relationships, be it sexual, platonic or even same gender kind of friendship. More often than not, we know what we are doing is wrong but we just think we can never lose the person or perhaps be silly enough to think "Oh he or she is understanding", so they'll hang around.

In a lot of situations, especially when we are in love, we make the person's problems our own and start to make excuses for their bad behaviour i.e he or she has been hurt, he or she has never known love so they don't know how to handle it...blah blah blah! EXCUSES. Most times, the other person knows exactly what they are doing, I know for certain they know they are hurting you. Whether it bothers them or not, I do not know but one thing I am sure of is that they are selfish. You cannot care about someone and continually hurt them. But then again, perhaps they are deluded with the thought that this person will never leave so they continue in their folly thinking they've got the best of both worlds. Now what they fail to realise is when a person is fed up, they no longer feel the need to fight or salvage the relationship, they take a sit back approach and just let things start to unravel. In that time, they start to see you for what you really are and the tables start to turn. Then one day, you wake up and they are gone.

I do not know why we take the people that love us for granted considering the world is such an evil place now and love is a very rare thing to find. So when you do find it, why do you stupidly let it go for a bit of fun? No man is an island, everyone needs someone. God wasn't stupid when he created eve. You let the one who loved you get away and then after going round having all "THE FUN", you turn around and realise what it really is! "FUN"'. No one's asking if you've had a meal, no one's wondering where you are, if you are ok or if you are safe. As much as we all love fun, I am sure we need care, love and attention more. My post today is about a personal issue I don't want to go into details about yet, but it makes me wonder all the time! It could have been beautiful, it could almost have been perfect but now it's too late. No matter how nice it seems now, my eyes are open wide and I have seen that which was blinded by love. If you find that special man or woman, don't take them for granted. They'll only take your "BS" (excuse me) for a while, before someone else sweeps them away. Don't go collecting useless rocks when you have a priceless diamond.

My outfit today is inspired by freedom, the flowy dress and skirt represent fullness of joy. The new flow of love in my life, the ability to love and forgive.
Here are the pictures I'd like to share today so...ENJOY :)

 


 
 

Pictures taken at my prayer meeting (which I attend on Tuesdays) and in my little garden. All picture credits to a dear friend who has become a sister and, my lovely daughter.
I am wearing: Miss Selfridge maxi "patterned" dress, Reiss white sweater, Reiss maxi pleated skirt, Bottega Venetta reptile leather sandals and of course, a smile ;).
Someone said I don't wear flats, I actually do, just try and avoid them because I get too comfortable in them and then it takes me a while to  get into heels again. But I will be wearing more of flats this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment