Thursday 16 May 2013

CANARY WHARF-ING...

Today the weather seemed promising. The sun is shining, well perhaps I should use the word 'was'.
I had planned what I was going to do today since monday and I looked forward to it with excitement. Like a kid going to Legoland. I was going to have lunch in the city with a very dear friend. Lunch at Canary Wharf, where all the city guys gather in one place. As my friend said, you may not know much about them but you know the essential, they are working men that are at least well paid. (No I am not looking for  a man, I am VERY satisfied! This information is for anyone looking).

Until last night, I had no clue what to wear!!! Yes i had an idea in my head but, unfortunately I didn't have the clothes in my wardrobe to implement it so....NO! Anyway, I did find something I thought would allow me blend in a little (mind you I wasn't trying to blend in at all *not interested face*). A skirt and a blouse. Isn't that what people usually wear to work? Well, the difference is I am ME, so of course my skirt and blouse will be different. (Caused quite a stir in that skirt standing in the station waiting for my friend to pick up her phone). She works in a very impressive building where the lobby's bigger than my entire flat. I sat down there patiently waiting for her and observing passers-by (Mrs H taught me a term for it :PEOPLE WATCH).

She eventually turned up or should I say came down after 20 minutes (so late) wearing a purple dress, bright green bag and blue suede shoes( I love the colours she put together).  And so we headed to the restaurant for lunch, somewhere called 'THE PARLOUR' . Nice food, nothing special, at least you won't leave the way you came in;  'HUNGRY'. We ordered light lunches, quickly catching up before our meals arrived. There's a table tennis table (sounds odd typing it) right outside the restaurant and there are people playing. I mean everyone's walking around seeming busy and there's table tennis going on right in the middle of all that seriousness.

Lunch over, bill paid (thanks for lunch darling) and it's time to get to my own business! PICTURES! The idea was to find people or anyone wearing something out of the ordinary and take their picture but that didnt happen as everyone seemed to be wearing black shoes, black suits, all black everything. If  i worked there, I'd probably turn up in pink, orange, green, yellow...you name it. LOL! Anyway all in all, I enjoyed my time at Canary Wharf.

So here are the pictures from Canary Wharf-ing :)




 

I am wearing: Zara top, Miss Selfridge skirt (oh how I love this skirt), Calzedonia tights, Gucci shoes and as always, a smile :).
I have included a sneak peek of my wonderful friend's colourful outfit. She made Canary Wharf come alive with her bright green Michael Kors bag, purple dress and blue suede shoes. We took turns taking pictures. Sorry about the pictures, I am defintiely getting a camera this weekend. Thanks to everyone who's read and keeps reading and encourages me. I promise it will only get better. ;)

P.S: You can see a bit of my 'BREAKING' hair. LOL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment