Wednesday 15 May 2013

NEW LOOK...NO NOT THE STORE!!!

I am doing this really late tonight because I have just been busy and that's the truth. Now I am tired and on the phone at the same time, so my brain isn't really functioning. Ok, off the phone now so I can concentrate. Oh! but I actually lack what to say or type in this instance. So i'll just, as they say, 'FREESTYLE' (type whatever comes to mind). Usually that's what I do as in I type as I go but they are usually words that have been carefully thought out. Today I had no energy or rather have no energy for that.

What did I do today? Hmmn...I took out my big afro weave and decided it's time to go 'NATURAL'. People associate being 'NATURAL' with being 'BOLD, I associate it with all kinds of things but not necessarily 'BOLD'. As a black (and beautiful)  woman, if your hair's breaking you are advised to leave it and let it grow so you dont have a choice, not that you are being 'BOLD'. If you can't afford to go to the salon every other week, either because you don't have the time or money, then you don't have a choice. You are not being 'BOLD'. Am i making sense? Well I didn't decide to go 'NATURAL' for any of those reasons even though my hair is breaking (lost almost all the front hair). Hair breaking is losing hair due to chemicals or all the stress you've put it through (well that's what's causing mine to the best of my knowledge). Anyway, I am walking around town with my 'REAL HAIR' and not because I am 'BOLD'.

Finished with the hair and went to church in the evening for prayers (I am in church every wednesday evening...PLEASE NO PHOTOS *Kanye West voice*) LOL and I just got home about half an hour ago.
So now I want to share my outfit of the day, I must say it was rather cold today (Summer where the heck are you???).  I couldn't do much today because of the weather, just took a few shots and I am wearing a pair of shoes I have had for three good years. And found a picture of Nicki Minaj in the same shoes so posted us side by side. I am not a big fan of her 'STYLE'. Yes I used the word 'STYLE'. She does have 'STYLE' but that doesn't necessarily translate into 'FASHIONABLE', but does fall under 'FASHION' (hope I am not confusing you). Everyone has got 'STYLE', that's their own identity. Now the added value is 'FASHIONABLE'. Your 'STYLE' may not be regarded as 'FASHIONABLE' but it doesn't mean you are not into 'FASHION' (sorry I am too tired to expantiate on that).

Here are the pictures I would like to share today...ENJOY :)





I am wearing: Calzedonia push-up tights (they are amazing), Giuseppe Zanotti gold open toe booties, M.UK top (available here,one size only. please email secretstylist007@gmail.com for enquiries) and of course a smile :)

P.S: Picture credits to my talented daughter (no she didn't take Nicki Minaj's picture) LOL and it's a very dear dear friend's birthday today. I just want you to know I love you and I am glad we became family, through whichever way it happened ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment