Thursday 9 May 2013

DONT BREAK THE BANK

I see FASHION being portrayed so many times, especially on instagram, as wearing anything 'EXPENSIVE' with a 'TONGUE TWISTING' name.*rolls eyes*, Meaning I totally disagree.
Let's start with the meaning of FASHION!!! One second, while I google the word itself.

Aha, one definition says A POPULAR OR THE LATEST STYLE OF CLOTHING, HAIR OR BEHAVIOUR'! (NAH,i dont like that definition). Another says SOMETHING,SUCH AS A GARMENT, THAT IS THE CURRENT MODE. (HMMN,it's right but not yet what i am looking for.

Oh yes,here's a really good one that also applies to my logic:

'FASHION is an expression... meaning there is really no such thing as "out of fashion" because fashion is only a means of ones expression. In every human's unique expression of their style, their personality is being reflected. FASHION will always be unique to everyone, fashion is an expression, a means to communicate'....need i say more?


FASHION IS YOU!!! Everyone is unique and everyone has their own style and that is where i come in....I present to you my own style,created by me and explored by me but gladly shared by me :)


My first post is 'DONT BREAK THE BANK', which brings me back to my first statement.You do not have to own a pair of saint laurents,christian louboutins,jimmy choos or manolo blahniks to be deemed fashionable. You do not need to have a fendi,chanel or louis vuitton bag to qualify as fashionable. (oh but I do love all the labels, I invest in them greatly and people say it spells class but...hmmmn!we'll talk about that some more in my subsequent posts). You can wear whatever you can afford or feel comfortable in and still be considered one of the most fashionable of your peers.


That is why my first pictures are of me in high street labels and believe me, I still got looks of approval and nice compliments and I did take notice of the words 'TRENDY AND FASHIONABLE', being used a couple of times.


So welcome to my blog, I am SECRETSTLIST007.....ENJOY!!!
I am wearing high street labels; h&m, zara, dune, converse, hollister, next!
Ok the sandals in the first picture are alexander mcqeen but they could esily be anything else ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Looking good! High street labels looking chic! #issnothin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the maxi skirt ensemble...very boho chic! i absolutely agree, fashion is an art of self expression, a reflection of how i feel on the inside, i could feel formal on monday, sassy on tuesday, naughty on wednesday, casual on thursday, sexy on friday and who knows what at the weekend...fashion is fun! Designer labels or high street labels? i wear 'em all as long as i like what i see and it looks and feels good, well said sweetie!

    ReplyDelete