Sunday 12 May 2013

#CHURCHMODE

Today is a sober day for me. Not sober in the sense of sadness or depression. Sober because I had a wonderful encounter this morning (which saved me from making a rather rash decision). Also because it is Sunday, my personal day of worship with people of like minds in the spirit.

I  used to look forward to Sunday as just a day of rest, last day of ease before Monday rears its ugly head. I must say I no longer find Monday ugly because seeing Monday means I have been given the grace to enter another week, so now Monday is always beautiful to me :). Sunday has changed a great deal to me now and is probably the most important day of the week for me because I get to dress up for my God and join people who love him, in worshipping him.

I remember I used to make no effort in dressing up for church. Firstly, because I thought it was the home of God and you shouldn't be too worldly and flashy in His presence, then I also didn't want to seem a show off. (I attend a small church called 'HTSC'! Small but absolutely amazing and filled with so much love). But one day I thought, I put in so much effort when I am going out with my friends, so why can't I put that effort into dressing up for church??? So I started....slowly but surely. Paying as much attention, to what I would wear to a function, as well to church and it made me feel good.

I have always been a fashionable person (Note: I didn't say I have always been into fashion...Big Difference but that's a post for another day). One of my mind-roaming days (I have loads of those), I thought to myself, 'you can use your dress sense for the work of God and to glorify Him', because people pay attention when you look good. Although you may lose that attention the minute you open your mouth and say 'Jesus loves you'!LOL (Oh no! we've been conned). Anyway, I am not preaching here (did I hear you say PHEW?) Just thought to share a little bit about what Sunday means to me.

So here I am in my Sunday best for this week..ENJOY :)



I am wearing: Theyskens Theory jeans, New Look belt, Zara bag, Benjamin Lloyd top, Black and white striped blazer( available for sale in all sizes...just email secretstylist007@gmail.com), Charlotte Olympia shoes.

P.S: My photographer is no other, than my lovely six year old daughter :)
 
 

1 comment: