Friday 10 May 2013

ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A CHUNKY CHICK...

So once upon a time, not too long ago, there lived a chunky chick!!!THE END!!! LOL.
Ok not so much the end. I started this blog yesterday with pictures of me all slim and nice looking and perhaps sexy (not sure i am allowed to use that word for some reason but hey what the heck!) Anyway, I have always somewhat tried to maintain a certain size, especially after the birth of my daughter. That size is a uk 10 or for americans, a size 6. Now i must say, before my daughter came (well going back all the way to year 2002, I was a uk 8, which is an american 4 (for some reason, I am partial to that size).

So last year, just right after summer, I noticed the changes, first in my boobs, they were fuller and seemed very prominent. I didn't mind that (though I must point out quickly I am not a fan of big boobs for myself, but they do look good on most women). Then the tummy started bulging slightly, I didn't care, the boobs were getting compliments especially in corsets (which of course hold the tummy in) so whatever!!!

And then, I started noticing the change in size when shopping. I must jump and quickly tell you this funny story, LOL. I had the ump with Zara once for changing their tailors, who magically changed their measurements and shrunk their sizes. So, me a perfect  UK 10 (err  by that i mean UK 12 bordering on UK 14) could no longer find perfect UK size 10 clothes. How dare they?!? This theory still makes me laugh, especially at my denial. In truth, I had put on weight and become 'CHUNKY'.

Now please, I have nothing against chunky, oh by all means, there are some drop dead gorgeous chunky chicks that look way (and i mean waaayyyyyy as in faaarrrr) better than slim chicks. But you see, my body frame didn't make chunky look good. And that I think is what really creates the problem when you start to put on weight. When your body frame doesn't suit the size (I dont know if I am making sense?)

Anyway for months, I continued to squeeze into a UK 10 (living in denial) breaking zips, popping buttons and blaming the store. Then i decided to try a UK 12 which fitted better but I would tell all that cared to listen it's a small UK 12 so the measurement's actually a UK size 10. Come on, I know some of you can relate to this LOL. And yes, I got a lot of compliments i.e 'You've filled out nicely' (mostly from men while looking at my boobs), 'You've woman-ed up'. (now what the heck does that mean? woman-ed up) LOL

So in december 2012, I had had enough of the weight and almost popping buttons and breaking zips even in size UK 12 clothing, so I decided to act. I went back to my gym, did vigorous dance classes back to back...zumba, street dancing, you name it. Also did body conditioning and i must confess, since I am keeping it real, I drank this herbal tea every other night that made the loo feel like home eventually (as I was there frequently).

I just wanted to share pictures of when I was chunky (back then LOL) and now so you all know it's ok to be whatever size you are so long as it doesnt affect your health and it suits your body frame :)

Here are the BEFORE and AFTER pictures....ENJOY!!!


 
Please excuse my lack of professional photography :)
And i am once again a perfect UK size 8 otherwise known in America as size 4 ;)

Tagging items  (in no orderly fashion): Jane Norman dress, Alexander Mcqueen sandals, Christie Brown necklace, Zara dress, Zara necklace, Topshop skirt, Christian louboutin wedges, Zara jeans,YSL ring, Zara blazer, YSL clutch.

This particular post is just a story i felt like sharing so main focus not on the clothes or the quality of photography.

2 comments:

  1. At first, I almost thought, wait, is she trying to tell us she's preggers? *whew*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ..same her @ mewhoknowyousowell

    ReplyDelete