Friday 17 May 2013

ON THE WILD SIDE...

Growing up I was often referred to as 'RESTLESS'. Even my headmistress in primary school wrote it as her comment on my report card a couple of times. And this followed me for many years, not only cause my granny would never let me forget but because I was indeed restless. It always felt like I was sitting on hot coal being in one place for over an hour. TRUE STORY!!! The restlessness eventually evolved to something else...'WILDNESS'.

Ok, not so much that kind of wildness. I just liked to party and always be out. I went to loads of night clubs, sneaking out, jumping fences, all that unecessary and irrelevant stress (well that's what it seems like now). I never tried drugs, did try smoking (hated it and still do but i am tolerant), also tried alcohol on different levels (still believe getting drunk is a waste of time and energy but people drink and get drunk for different reasons and I would never knock that). All in all, I benefited nothing from these vices. But I did learn a few things about them.

I always got into one trouble or the other with my grandma (God bless her, she means everything to me). I think after a while she stopped worrying because I would always come back safe. I remember one particular episode. My friend and I decided we were not going to miss a halloween party, so we waited for eveyone to go to bed, jumped over the fence and walked to the bustop to find a cab. To cut the long story short, we got arrested while looking for a cab because the police officers thought we were hookers. TRUE STORY!!! I got us out of that with some lies easily. She cried her eyes out because she was worried about the grief we would get back home. She had stained her dress with all her mascara running down her face on to it. As soon as were allowed to go, she wanted to go home. Not on my watch!!! We already got ino trouble this night, we might as well see it through so we did go to the party.

But I am no longer that person. Not due to age (I am old but not old enough to retire from the party scene). Let's just say, I have found some peace, peace that makes me calm. I no longer feel the need to be out there or all over the place. I like to be home (with my daughter and sometimes my man) watching tv, cooking (I cant believe I said that), doing the dishes (what's happening to me? LOL) I actually do enjoy doing the dishes and ironing..for me they are hobbies, like reading. I am sure if my aunties and uncles read this, they'll be pleased because they bore witness to my restless days (stole the key to my aunt's room once so I could wear her shoes and clothes out without permission).

I have put all that restlessness into my christian life and of course, my fashion. So now I am proudly wild in my love for God and my fashion ;)
Here are the pictures I would like to share today which inspired the title of my post...ENJOY :)








I am wearing: H&M print leggings, Converse 'ALL STAR' flat print trainers, top available here (email: secretstylist007@gmail.com for details) and as always, a smile :)

P.S: Today is my sister's birthday. She's actually my first cousin but no one deserves to be called my sister more than her. So Happy Birthday my darling.
And my personal photographer (my daughter) has been jumping all over the place as I type, should I be worried ;)

1 comment:

  1. You're looking really fabulous! I'd love to see you featured on "My Style", on Bella Naija. Please? Try! It'll even fast track more traffic to your blog.

    ReplyDelete